We are seeking an Assistant Manager to join our Landscaping team! $1,000 signing bonus! Drewlo Holdings is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for over 60 years. Since 1958 we have been constructing and operating rental apartment towers across Southwestern Ontario and proving homes to thousands of Canadians.
- Year-round work! We offer you a career!
- $1,000 Signing Bonus! *
- Heath Benefits & RRSP Matching!
- Safety Boot Benefit!
- Paid Overtime!
- On-Site management of installs and projects independently
- Assist Manager with day-to-day staffing, tasks, jobs, competing priorities etc.
- Work with crews on-sites to manage quality and timeliness of assigned tasks and routing
- Assign, monitor and assist with duties for the crew to ensure quality expectations
- Monitor and ensure the efficient use of materials and equipment by field staff
- Evaluate quality of service provided and help to determine work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite work flow.
- Examine work for exactness, completeness and conformance to policies and procedures
- Plan and conduct training for field staff in customer service, landscape maintenance details and safety policies and procedures
- Maintain morale and motivate staff to encourage maximum efficiency
- Evaluate performance of staff and make recommendations
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry knowledge and experience and the ability to manage staff to complete weekly tasks neatly and efficiently
- Excellent turf and ornamental plant knowledge
- Valid and clean driver’s license and abstract, Class G license is required
- Ability to operate equipment, training provided. Daily inspection of equipment and vehicles daily to ensure safe operation.
- A strong work ethic, organized and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff and team members
- Ability to motivate staff to complete daily and weekly tasks
- Knowledge of annual and perennial garden bed maintenance
- Must enforce all company policies, procedures and regulations
- Work with crew to manage quality and timeliness of assigned tasks and routing
- Snow plowing experience required
- Other duties as assigned
· Family built, owned and managed; family is at the heart of our company and a core value
· Provide you with a Career; we offer stable full-time employment, benefits and a matching retirement savings program
· Treat our employees fair; we offer competitive wages, provide training and value each employee
· Opportunity for growth; we are expanding at an accelerated rate, with that comes new opportunities
· We invest in our community; we know it's important to give back