Currently, Drewlo Holdings has an opportunity for a Residential High Rise Construction Site Supervisor to join our team in London & Woodstock, ON.
Drewlo Holdings is a family owned and operated company that has been in business for 60 years. We are located in London, Sarnia, Woodstock, Kitchener and Burlington.
As a Residential High Rise Construction Site Supervisor, your responsibilities are as follows:
- Be the main point person and have overall responsibility for the construction site
- Work with Senior Management to ensure the work is done properly and is on time and on budget
- Prepare overall work plan and schedule in conjunction with the Project Manager
- Monitor all site instructions and change notices and all revisions as required
- Organize and execute project start-up
- Maintain and enforce good construction standards and quality control
- Anticipate and identify problems, evaluate alternative causes and produce workable solutions
- Maintain progress on site as per project schedule and assist Project Manager in identifying required adjustments throughout the project
- Inform the Project Manager of any errors, discrepancies or omissions identified on drawings, scope of works, etc.
- Notify inspectors/consultants to ensure proper documentation, required inspections for all aspects of construction and occupancies is completed
- Inspect all machinery and equipment
- Ensure required safety meetings are delivered and all required job site safety inspections are completed
- Coordinate scheduling of trades and ordering of materials as per construction schedule
- Manage labour force and assign tasks as required; record accurate hours, job codes, attendance issues on weekly time sheets
- Education related to construction and/or equivalent work experience; Gold Seal, Red Seal, PMP, CET, a huge asset
- 7 to 10 years work experience as a construction site supervisor (must be high rise experience)
- Have the ability to read and interpret blueprints and construction drawings
- Thorough knowledge of the Ontario Health and Safety Act and the Ontario Building Code
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to use computer applications
- A strong leader and problem-solver, with the ability to build respect and trust with subcontractors and team members
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, PLEASE SUBMIT A RESUME, COVER LETTER & DESIRED SALARY